Sunday, November 28, 2010

Garage Key!

Funny story behind this post's title...it will come later.

Once again, I was treated to the SUPER generosity of my brother & Dad. Chuck called Sat. morning with an agenda...installing my garage door opener. He got one for free & needed some parts from Home Depot to get it working.

Dad joined him around 10:30am & they got started. Well, a few hours later I pull up to my house & there they are, finishing the installation. I guess the free garage door opener was "too good to be true" and they scrapped it...the parts needed to make it work don't exist any longer! So, I got a brand new garage door opener--courtesy of Dad & Bubba!!

Merry Christmas House!

P.S. The title of this post--Garage Key--is actually a German word, which to this day my family knows NOT!! In the 80's my family & some friends were having dinner in a neighborhood guest house in Germany. At the table next to us, German men kept clinking their glasses together saying what sounded like "Garage Key" to our American ears. My sister & I joined in the festivities (we were only 6 & 4). The men thought it was hysterical...my parents were mortified!! Out of the mouths of babes...

Shawn & I hugging at the German guest house--a few hours after Garage Key!

So, an apt post-Thanksgiving blog--we still hold our glasses high & Garage Key each year. I almost did it at my sister's wedding, but hence that was too far!! :0)

No comments: