Saturday, October 25, 2014

5 for Friday - er Saturday!


So I'm posting here for my linky, since I'm on Fall Break still & these photos are what I've been up to during break:


My mom and I were literally sewing machines -



So I got started on my newest quilting project -


There are 48 of these poppies to sew around, cut into 4ths, & then piece back together into 48 mix-matched blocks.  So excited for how it will fray & look rustic.


And Elsa had to get in on the action...my mom came over to show me how she decided to border her quilt & Elsa was so excited to weigh in her opinion:



Mom sewed a care package of goodies for Addi & Lucas - the costume above was the main reason for the package...but Mom couldn't help but include some PJs, a chevron quilt, & a few receiving blankets for baby-to-be - can you tell Lucas' nursery is gray chevron with blue/orange accents?





And...I got my "shop on" with some fun things for my house & my wardrobe:


Bought a neon infinity scarf for "bright color" day - Red Ribbon Week 2014!  And, saw this polka dot shirt & it just made me smile...yeah for gift cards, spent $28 at Kohls & left with new jeans & this top.


This one is for my 'admit one' ticket stub shadow box...I save all my ticket stubs & this box was on pinterest...so now I have a place for all my fun ticket stubs - so I can brag about all the cool shows/concerts I've seen (NOT!  LOL - gotta get my show on)!

Even though it's Saturday - Fall Break was awesome & my pics reflect some much needed relaxation,

1 comment:

Carol Davis said...

Hi Kristin! So refreshing to see someone that sews! When I was very young my mom made all my clothes! I LOVE the chevron quilt! Thanks for sharing all your things!
Carol
Teachers Are Terrific!