Friday, June 12, 2009

VBS


I will attach pictures...I'm so proud of Clare and all her hard work with VBS this year. We made a good team, too bad it took like 50 trips to Wal-Mart & Hobby Lobby! No really, shopping with Clare is a pleasure--she even got me to do some returns (I'm converting to the dark side :0)!).

We have a fantastic class of Kindergarteners & 2 extremely helpful mom volunteers, who just "get stuff done" & step in without being asked. That is truly a blessing...considering Clare & I don't know if we're coming or going from day to day.

I'm most happy that the students seem to be enjoying themselves in every way. They listen to the Bible stories, practice the memory verses, & rotate through all the various centers so well. They've gotten to paint, play dress up, make crafts, do recreation--most importantly they've learned about God & prayed.

I didn't count on VBS being so much fun--thanks Clare, helpers, & kids. The theme this year was Boomerang Express, set in Austrailia. We could be heard thoughout the halls of FBCBF, our train wheels pumping, saying the week's theme: "Follow! Worship! Live through Him!" It's been an awesome week.

1 comment:

Clare said...

It was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I always look at these things more fondly once they are over. It is like labor, but waaaay longer!:) No, just kidding. I am beyond glad that you helped me. Should we do it again next year?