Monday, July 5, 2010

10 Things About Me

Well, I have 2 friends who blog pretty consistently & I noticed their "10 Things About Me" blog posts and thought I'd join in on the fun (although neither of them invited me personally - I think I was a bit scarred from this).

1. Being a Christian is who I am. I was raised in church & by Christian parents so it's hard for me to remember a time when God wasn't in my life. I have a lot of "traditional" values that others (in this day & age) would think are unusual or weird - but to me it's what God asks of me. I'm not perfect, but I try to live a life that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father.

2. I am not punctual. I wish I were...it's not my gift. Honestly, it has nothing to do with not wanting to be somewhere on time or that I don't wake up early enough - I just don't watch the clock and BAM I'm late again. Please don't take it personally!!

3. I read everything. I recently returned from AZ with 4 books - I brought 3. My grandma gave me one while I was visiting, she thought I'd enjoy it. I LOVE BOOKS! I honestly buy for myself, my classroom, & even my niece & nephew...I will gladly share my addiction with you too, just ask.

4. People dressed in those fuzzy character costumes have FREAKED me out since I was little. Something about their faces being covered - they see you but you can't see them - weirds me out. I'm better now, but I will gladly stand from afar & let others enjoy the characters in those costumes.

5. Using public restrooms is difficult for me. I would rather be uncomfortable & hold it, than use a public restroom & I won't even begin to discuss port-a-potties. Thank goodness I was blessed with a large bladder.

6. I bring my camera on vacation, but I always get side tracked and forget to take photos. But, I have the best sister, who is good at taking photos & she gladly shares with me :0)!!

7. Teaching is the only career I want to have. I love being in the classroom & it took a lost job to make me realize that I went into education to BE WITH KIDS, not to motivate adults. I think, even though more money is in administration or other fields of work, I will be in the classroom teaching kids for most if not all of my career. It's strange how long it took for me to realize this too...I waited so long to decide to major in English & then to become a teacher - now I wouldn't give it up for anything.

8. My brother, sister, and I fought like cats & dogs growing up - but there are no 2 greater people in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! They know me, love me, laugh at, and joke with me. They inspire me & look out for me the way no one else will, well hopefully until I get married. I love my family & even though it can be tough I don't know who I'd be without them.

9. I don't like wearing shoes. However I do love flip flops & sandals - AND I especially love to pamper myself with a pedicure every 4-5 weeks. In the winter I make wearing boots & shoes fun by matching my patterned socks to my outfit - I own like 3 pairs of all white socks - all the rest are striped, dotted, or a pattern of some sort.

10. I get haircuts from Cost Cutters because I am tired of paying $40 + tip for a service that needs to be done every 6 weeks. I am horrible about appointments & being on time (see #2) so it is a pain to have to make hair cut appointments so frequently, rush from work to get there, & then spend all that money!!

Although, I do love going to the dentist, that is one appointment that I look forward to - why is that?

Not surprising I'm sure, but it's who I am. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Clare said...

I think I knew most of those things.:) I like the new bookshelf-I should borrow something from your "library" soon! I love, love, love your socks-I am not brave enough to wear patterned socks, so I can just admire your's.:)

Lisa said...

Kristan, I think "procrastination" is a spiritual gift and so you can think that "belatedness" is one, too. Just kidding!
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading your blog .

Greg and Jen said...

You and I are SO alike on number 5. I too, was blessed with the bladder like a whale. Even when I was pregnant. =) Good thing - I'll hold it until Jesus comes most of the time if I have to. We're half alike on number 6 too, except I am taking pics of EVERYTHING. I am sure it drives Greg crazy.... We're the same on number 9 too. =) Guess that's why we're friends!! =)

Fun blog read.

~ Jen

Mouwoohze said...

I love fun socks as well!!! I, too am blessed with a large bladder ... guess it comes with our career choices!