Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I Need a Hero"


I have the BEST brother in the world--haven't you heard?!?!

So, Ol' Man Winter has finally arrived (UGH) and before the really snowy, icy weather starts I wanted to make sure my tires were okay. Well, of course they needed replacing (I never have luck in this department--just ask my Dad, his infamous comment: "If there's a nail/screw in the road, Kristan will find it...har har har!").

Well, a few $100 later I was looking at a REALLY LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG wait. I guess I failed to ask, or the Discount Tire guy failed to mention just how long (3-4 hrs.). I settled in with a few articles about gender in education. 45 min. later - I thought this isn't looking good, I think I need to ask just how long I'm going to be here. Right about then, in walks my ridiculous brother...he was wearing brown plaid shorts, gray boot socks to his knees, a beanie, & tennis shoes! He was looking for me...he had been cleaning his truck & noticed mine in the parking lot. He found me and told me about the 3 hr. wait & then invited me to dinner at his house to wait there instead of the waiting room--Evelyn & Noah were already on their way.

Thank goodness for BUBBA--aww, he's polishing his armor!!

1 comment:

Greg and Jen said...

It was fun meeting Evelyn at your party. Isn't it SO fun to have a sister-in-law? =)

Oh wait, this post was about Chuck.... yes, I like Chuck too. =)

~ Jen