Saturday, February 26, 2011

Claustraphobic?

So I never thought of myself as afraid of enclosed spaces--elevators, closets, trunks, etc. Probably because I've never been locked in one!

Well, on Wednesday that all changed. Have you ever experienced that panic when you lose control & really aren't sure how to solve a problem?

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me! I was leaving for work & my garage wouldn't open...the overhead motor was just blinking. I didn't start to panic until I pushed the buttons, reached over my car & reset the motor & it STILL wasn't working. Then I realized I wouldn't be able to leave, how would I get to work--how would I get my car out--did my car have to stay trapped in here? My heart started racing & I kind of freaked out--who was going to help me?

Oh, but the cord--THANK GOD for the pull cord thingy that allowed me the freedom from my beastly garage. It is amazing how little I stopped to assess a situation before panic ensued! I'm even more grateful that I didn't get in total freak out mode before I recognized that the escape pull cord was dangling there all along.

Oh and have I mentioned before ;0) just how FANTASTIC a brother I have? ;0) Called him on my way to work & he dropped by to save the day. He fixed my garage & my garage light--it was doing that annoying flicker thing (even with new bulbs) so he rewired a new ballast, which is MORE energy efficient--YAY for BROTHERS. Then Evelyn made dinner. Love those 2!

2 comments:

Clare said...

Ooh! I totally am! We got stuck in an HOV lane in Dallas one time that had really high girders on both sides. It was only one lane, one way, and there was an accident in front of us so we were literally trapped. I had to do some breathing exercises during the hour we were there. Not fun! Glad your brother could help you out of your tight spot!

Greg and Jen said...

LOL. I am NOT claustrophobic, so it's hard for me to understand. Just note, I am not laughing AT you, just the story. =) I needed a laugh today. =)

~ Jen