Saturday, September 24, 2011

How Did I Miss This?

So, I've spent all day on Blogger! Basically I've tapped into the collaborative teaching community that is 1st Grade Teachers blogging...and I must say - WOW!

My head is spinning with ideas - can't wait to start my Johnny Appleseed unit Monday & even more so because I found a MILLION ideas to enhance it.

I'm so excited for all my new stuff that I added all my favorites to a blog list...don't be sad if you're a blogger friend, my blog list is for my TEACHING ideas. Maybe I'll just turn this blog into a teaching one...but hence I've got one with my new school website! Can't wait to post photos and clips of my students' apple work.

Lovin' blogs right now :0)!!

2 comments:

Clare said...

That is how I felt when I discovered crafting (and later, couponing) blogs. It is so fun to find great ideas and people that have similar tastes! I am sure you have lots to contribute, too.

P.S. Maybe you can share some of them since I am "teaching" 1st grade this year, too.;)

Kristan L. King said...

Home made apple sauce is easy & tasty!!

8 apples - peeled, cored, & sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup apple cider

Cook in crock pot for 3-4 hrs. on high. Use a potato masher to break apart apple slices.

It smells heavenly & it is SUPER tasty.

Then read about Johnny Appleseed, BAM Social Studies & math done (measuring/cooking/fractions).