Friday, April 20, 2012

Change - A Kinder Thang!!

I am so excited to embark on my newest professional challenge - Kindergarten Teacher {and as of 5/5/12 Kristan King, M. Ed.!!!!}

AAHHGG - is my first response.  I know many of my non-teacher peeps are thinking {as a family friend Beth said} "It's not that different from 1st, Kristan.  I mean what's 1 year?!?!"

Okay, moment of truth - about 5 years ago I said, "I will never teach Kinder."  HA...eat some crow girlie!  Well I have a mouthful & for all you who feel as Beth does I'm just gonna say, 1 year makes a WORLD of difference.  Eons - TONS, no joke 1 year is a big deal with 3-7 year olds.

I am excited too - there is something extraordinary about being the FIRST.  First to teach how to be in school, how to eat lunch, how to form & walk in line, how to recognize print & begin to decode it, first to spark that love of learning...

Okay - now I'm tearing up!!  I know {cheesy, I am cheese ball}.  So pray for me on my new adventure & I truly send up praise to the Lord for answering my prayers for the past 2 years.  I am looking forward to loving my team & my job - I know BOTH can happen, simultaneously - and I won't settle for anything less.  And, PTL my team has already "shown the love" and I can wait for planning to begin...

My Kinder journey begins on 5/9 with Kindergarten Round-Up - Yee Haw!!

No comments: