Wednesday, June 27, 2012

SAD Day!


Prayers are needed for my beloved city of Colorado Springs, CO. 32,000 people have been evacuated and 4 family friends are pretty certain their house is no longer standing!

The Waldo Canyon fire has spread...as of 8:00 pm update 6,500 acres have been burnt. This fire is really only about 10-15 miles from my house. I can't begin to describe the devestation I've seen since 4:00 pm this evening.

My heart breaks for the city...God is listening & our prayers are being heard - special thanks for the volunteers and workers on the front lines and those evacuated.

So blessed that my family is safe and none have been placed on any evacuation status, but that is not the case for many residents (some very close friends).

3 comments:

Clare said...

Are we still on for Friday? I think I will definitely need something to distract me... I think I am learning what "praying without ceasing means"...

Kristan L. King said...

So far yes, but if AFA or Monument are evacuated/pre-evacuated we may need to consider local shopping.

I would rather stay in town & keep the roads North West clear for those who need it for evacuation purposes.

We'll be in touch...

Rachel said...

Your photo is devastating and I can't imagine the horror that you must be seeing when you look across your city.

May God reveal Himself to many in the coming days. And may this tragedy draw them to Him.

Praying for you all!

Rachel (Clare's aunt :)