Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beat the Heat

Technically, I don't complain about the heat...at ALL!  I'm from AZ so I have learned that hot/cold in reference to weather are based on personal preferences.  I PREFER to be hot/warm vs. damp/cold - 85 degree weather is spring in AZ and that is not uncomfortable, heck I've been known to be out in 115 degree weather in the SHADE (that IS hot!).  I love summer: sunshine, flip flops, margaritas by the pool, "Toes in the water, *&% in the sand..." & all things it brings - so I actively choose not to complain about hot weather...but man, Coloradans can't hang!!!

This post is really just to say that I love my little townhome, but when it gets 85+ degrees inside a girl needs A/C.  Don't know how people in CO say they don't need A/C...it is on the list of "Home Must Haves."  But until my budget can afford it (I want wood floors first...that is my priority)...these will have to do:

2 rooms upstairs, 2 fans

Dad and I did our Father/Daughter errand running today (browsing the Downtown Farmer's Market).  We went to Lowes and HD...found these 2 guys on sale so I snatched 'em up.  Just a smaller version of my living room fan, that I got from Mom & Dad for Christmas last year.  So in a few weeks gonna get my bubba to install them & take him out for a dinner - his choice!

What are you doing to beat the "heat?"

1 comment:

Greg and Jen said...

We have a whole-house attic fan, so things stay nice and cool around here. HOWEVER.... we are getting AC before next Summer. I am putting my foot down. I don't normally complain about the heat, but I have almost lost it a few times. ;)

~ Jen