Saturday, December 17, 2011

~Something(s) Lovely...Beneath the Tree~

So my first gift was to myself, a Black Friday present {applause} a CRICUT!! I have been wanting one for F.O.R.E.V.E.R. & yes, it is all mine. So excited to get cutting...I think my first cuts will be for my classroom kiddos snow globes.



Thanks to my parents, gift #2 came last week - my living room ceiling fan. Dad & I were at Lowe's looking for something {heaven knows what, the man could sleep on a cot there and still find something to purchase DAILY} but we couldn't find it at Home Depot so we went looking elsewhere. We were perusing the aisles & I casually said, "That fan looks nice." My Dad said, "Well, we'll get it for Christmas. We'll come back with your Mom and pick one out that you like." I thought, "Cool!"


S0 now I just need to update some lighting fixtures, add my curtains, & hang 2 fans upstairs in the rooms. Well, let's not discuss flooring just yet! :0) {A house is a work-in-progress, as I'm realizing.}



P.S. This post is for Nicole - who shopped with us {Mom, Shawn, & I} on Black Friday. Shawn asked me, "Are you going to wrap your Cricut & cartridges, and put them under your tree?" That was not my plan, but before I could reply as such, Nicole says "No, that's dumb - she should go home & use them!" Ha HA! {Nicole bought a Keurig, I asked her about wrapping it up & placing it under the tree as a joke - she rolled her eyes & was like, "H#*@ NO, I'm making my coffee with it tomorrow!"} Gotta love us single gals, asking for practical gifts or just buying them for ourselves!!



P.S.S. Now I'm seriously considering a Keurig for myself - Black Friday 2012?!?!

2 comments:

Clare said...

I think Keurigs are super fun! I am a wee bit jealous of your Cricut, I think I could have a lot of fun with one!:)

Greg and Jen said...

I am borrowing a friend's Cricut right now - and will keep it through the new year. I forgot how much in love I am with them. I told Greg I "need" one before next Christmas, so he better be on the hunt to find one on sale - either way, I'm getting one!! lol

And a Keurig, yes. We're thinking of getting one this year. LOVE my Mom's. Definitely get one!! ;)

~ Jen