Monday, December 19, 2011

"and, Another one for me!"

My mom and I went on an ornament hunt today! Don't you hate when you go shopping for a specific thing & it eludes you? I can't stand it!

However, I do love when you get the best gift ever & it happens unexpectedly - so I guess it can't go both ways {although, it SHOULD!, LOL}. Well that is what happened to Mom and I today. We went to 3 Ross stores in search of Steinbach ornaments, that mom found all through my childhood in Germany for $3-$8. They are all our favorite ornaments {mom, Shawn, & me}.


Well Shawn found them by chance in 2 different Ross stores in AZ - mom and I thought we'd give it a try, no such luck!


If you know me, you should know that cute ornaments are a family trait - it's in our DNA! My mom's tree is super cute with these Steinbachs - and I am OOBER jealous that my sister's tree will now have 8 of these cuties. Mine will have 1, my sister's ornament gift to me this year {bummer for me that I don't have 8, I must have gotten genes from the shallow end of the pool!}


If I wanted, I could purchase them from the Steinbach store in Germany for $25 a piece! What?!?!? I'm sorry but part of the fun of having an ornament giving tradition is that they're not super expensive, I don't own an ornament that is more than say $10 (and that's a stretch)!!


Mom and I stopped at the Southgate Ross in a final attempt, no luck (it was our 3rd store). I did find some super cute ornaments for mom & dad at Gordmans though. Check 'em out...



And now the post title...my mom was deciding upon her final purchases..."Let's see," she states. "I have 1 for me. OH, and another one for me. And...another one for ME!" Yes, she was so funny talking to herself, so proud of all 3 of her ornament finds - FOR HERSELF! She ended up buying me a "Frosty Latte" snowman in a coffee cup & I bought these two pictured above. She still ended up with 3, all for herself! She's so funny.

1 comment:

Clare said...

It is always more fun to buy gifts for yourself-you never pick one you don't like!:) Remember-your mom has had years to cultivate her collection, you just got started! Give it time and you will have a tree full of beauties to reminisce over!