Thursday, October 15, 2009

No Pedicures for Awhile

So I am a dumb A&%!!

I usually don't swear, but geesh I did a DUMB thing recently. I am a compulsive cuticle puller -- my nails ALWAYS have some cut or something from my fixation. I know that I do it in times of stress, I know it hurts, yet I am compulsive about it.

It's weird--I accept that, but it's how I handle stress.

Well, my compulsion took to the toenail so to speak & I pulled my right foot's cuticle. The moment it happened, my eyes bugged in pain. SOOOOOO STUPPPPPID! Things went from bad to worse on Monday because the area was red and swollen.

I have reached a new low - my brother-in-law has to snatch my foot and squeeze my toe so I won't get an infection. (He enjoys it, I KNOW!!) I have cried it hurts so much. I am ashamed to go to the nail salon & update my pedicure...

What's a girl to do?

2 comments:

Clare said...

Joel has done that before. I have cut my toenails too short and ended up with ingrowns. That is pretty painful, too. Next time better leave it to the professionals...:)

Greg and Jen said...

Bummer. =( However lately, I have NO choice but to get pedicures.... I refuse to have horrible looking feet while pregnant - and most especially on labor and delivery day when I will look my worst. I must be vain..... ;) When your foot feels better, I'll need a pedi partner, so lemme know!!

~ Jen