Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Only 29

So, I've just learned that a 29 (would be 30 in March) 2nd grade MRES teacher-friend of mine passed away from cancer late Monday night, February 22, 2010. She was a wonderful person, wife, mother, and teacher. I'm am beyond sad & really just shocked at this tragedy. Never did I think I'd go to a funeral for a 29 year old!

As I reflect upon my memories of her, I am reminded of her humor & smile. She was such a hoot to do interviewing with--she would put the emph-A-sis on the wrong syll-A-ble & use her inflection to make us crack up as she was reading the questions. It created a very "light-hearted" environment & really threw the interviewees for a loop.

I also remember being in the office when she shared the news of her pregnancy - she was so excited. I remember praying for her son when he was born prematurely.

I recall all the parents & staff members really LOVING that their children had been placed in her class. She was an EXCELLENT teacher - kids loved her.

We'll miss you Michelle & I'll continue praying for your family.

2 comments:

Clare said...

I love your new blog background. What a sad thing! I am glad God is in charge, not me. I could never make a decision like that. Only He knows why...I will pray for that family.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. it is definitely hard to understand these things. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..." Surely is easier said than done. Praying for you. Lisa