Sunday, August 22, 2010

Crafty-ness Rubbing Off

Clare - a great friend, who I always knew would be great at crafts (she's SUPER smart, but lacked confidence in her ability to do crafts! Why, beats me?) has been posting craft projects that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!

Since I have a new house, and decorations are scarce - well affordable ones are!! I've taken to stealing her projects & the links to the websites she's found & making some of my own.

I love STEALING a really good idea & making it yours - especially an inexpensive or easy one! Hopefully people consider this flattery - I will readily give you credit for the idea. A college professor once told me: "That a license to teach is a license to steal" (so with a certifiable teaching license & permission, from the college professor) I have taken Clare's blog posts on crafts & created them for my own, bare house.

THANKS!!! I am still crafting, but will post completed projects soon. Maybe Clare will want to craft with me...seems like I never see her :0(.

3 comments:

Clare said...

So happy to be seeing you soon! Steal away-none of them were my ideas, anyway.:) Hopefully we can find a great book for you to make a wreath with-I will keep my eyes open!

Unknown said...

So are you making the book wreath...I am sure your heart sunk when you found out she tore up Shakepeare Vol. 2.....Go Clare! Just Kidding! I want to know the craft...geez I hate living this far away...I could get projects done a lot quicker if we lived in the same city!

Greg and Jen said...

I just recently made a memo board for Noah's room. Not quite as "wow" as that book wreath, but still fun, cute, and inexpensive nonetheless. Added a lot to his room, and gave it that personal touch that the rest of my home expresses. =)

Oh, go to Home Goods by TJMAXX. They have GREAT inexpensive decorating things!!

~ Jen