Friday, August 27, 2010

Stitches of Stupidity

Well...I almost made it to 30 without any broken bones or stitches. But, in true Kristan form, I made a dumb mistake and 5 stitches later...

I was cleaning my coffee pot, I failed to notice that the spout had broken off in the sudsy water. The glass pot's jagged edge got me & I noticed first blood in the water & on the sink. I wondered how it got there about the time the side of my right hand started to sting.

Well, it was 7:22am so I thought, "Please, let Mom not have left for work...she'll know what to do!" I called and got Dad, who laughed that I didn't have bandaids or duct tape to bandage myself up. I hung up & called Mom's cell. After explaining what happened, I noticed & shared with her that my pinky finger was turning blue-ish purple. She calmly stated, "Kristan, go to urgent care...you'll need stitches."

After a few calls to teammates & throwing on a shirt - out the door I ran! The doctor & assistants were really sweet and I was back to work by 10:15am. Here's a photo of my incident.

No comments: