Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Back to School, Back to School"

Yes, it's going on my 6th year in education and I finally know what I want to be when I grow up...a teacher, FOREVER!

Well, specifically a primary teacher. So it's back to school I go. I'm enrolled at Grand Canyon University, taking online classes. I'm trying to earn my Masters in Education: Curriculum & Instruction, emphasis in Elementary Reading. Phew...that's a mouthful.

It will take 17 months. Seems like a short ammount of time, but after finishing my first week I think these months will be harder that I originally planned, isn't that always the case though?

Plus, this summer in July is DisneyWorld, FL with the WHOLE family--for about 2 weeks. Crazy to be enrolled in school?! Yeah, I know. BUT WAIT, it gets better! I also will be trying to teach summer school this year--for all of June. I have visions of my family on the beach & me in a hotel...typing...or sleeping from 1 too many late nights!

Wish me luck, too late to back out now!

2 comments:

Clare said...

You can do it! And while you are at it, don't you want to take some classes for me, too?;) I hope you won't be utterly consumed, because I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! Sounds like your schedule will be more full than mine, so give me a buzz when you have a free minute. I would love to hang out!

Greg and Jen said...

Yay for going back to school! And double yay for knowing (and loving) what you want to do forever!

Disney is and will be amazing. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

~ Jen