Monday, February 7, 2011

50 Things I Love



Well, this marks my 50th blog post. So fittingly I'll post 50 things I LOVE - also just in time for Valentine's Day!



1. Knowing that my future is settled - my faith is who I am, Jesus paid my way & words can't express that sacrifice or my gratitude.

2. My family...who would I be without their influence & modeling?

3. The sun - couldn't live in a place where it's not sunny for most of the year! CO, almost doesn't count because winter lasts FOREVER!!!!

4. Slippers - love having extra toasty feet.

5. Electric blankets, a must have for an AZ girl living in CO!

6. M&Ms a mix of regular & peanut (boys & girls as Casi says)

7. On-line school, kinda crazy considering I whine about it alot, but I'm really enjoying that I can just glance over all the annoying peoples' comments, not have to listen to them drone on & on for hours in a lecture hall!

8. Quilting, it has been fun learning how to sew like my mom & I'm getting better each quilt.

9. Claritin-D-nothing helps me breathe better with the allergies. Even when I have to sign my live away to get the script, it's SOOO worth it.

10. Teaching, most days it's fun & the BEST JOB EVER!

11. My boss-she's an amazing administrator, who thinks like a classroom teacher (very hard to find)!

12. Glee (need I say more?).

13. My brother's handy-man skills.

14. Fires - I love campfires, wood burning stoves, & electric fireplaces; love that toasty feeling & the smell doesn't bother me like it does some people.

15. Chai-tea try one, you might get addicted!

16. Talking on the phone with my sister.

17. FB - keeping in touch is fun, most of the time.

18. Aunt Dee Dee's e-mails because they're full of quilting patters she wants me to try.

19. Harry Potter - so sad to know the final movie #7 part 2 is almost here.

20. Going to the dentist - LOVE having a teeth cleaning.

21. Flip Flops - why wear shoes?

22. The Bachelor - love to watch & ponder the rantings of the cast members!



OMGsh...not even 1/2 way yet?!?! This is HARD!



23. Traveling (would love to visit all 50 States--next is FL; really want to go to NY).

24. Chick-flicks, can't resist 'em.

25. Reading - I'll read any book you give me, HONESTLY!

26. Coloring, I find it soothing to use Crayola crayons to color (guess I'm in the right profession :0)).

27. Jewelry, love those accessories (too bad they're kinda $).

28. Friends - spending time with people who care about me & who I care about.

29. Coffee, how do you get up without it?!

30. MY BED - can't believe it took this long to post, forgot you oh dear thing.

31. Going shopping, although I've cut WAY back in this dept.

32. Patterned socks...if you must wear socks, patterns make them fun.

33. Game nights - my competitive side comes ROARING out (I really enjoy winning)!

34. Popcorn, the movie theater kind hurts my tummy, but I love making it at home in a pot (not in the microwave).

35. COKE - another one I can't believe is so far down the list, but I've really been cutting it back.

36. My cat, Simon's great company.

37. Google - how did I find answers to all of life's questions before it?

38. Pedicures. I'd love to get one soon, any takers?

39. Finding new uses for old stuff, I keep things & it's fun to find ways to craft or reuse old items.

40. Frozen margaritas with EXTRA salt...mmmm!

41. Post-it notes. Well really, office supplies in general make me happy. Love those colored paper clips too!

42. Wireless mouse...one of the best & most thoughtful presents from my dad EVER! Plus he apologized because he "Couldn't find a pink one" LOL, too funny right?!?!

43. Pumpkin cookies with maple icing...tasty.

44. Sparkle eyeshadow...love the sparkle ones, most of mine sparkle (and if they don't I add the sparkle over the flat colors ha ha!).


Are we there yet?


45. My walk in closet - how have I lived for so long without you?

46. A clean house, gives me a sense of accomplishment.

47. A home cooked meal, even better when my mom makes it for me :0)!

48. A hug from a student...best yet, "You're my favorite teacher" comments melt my heart, truly!

49. My iPod, when everything stinks on the radio...just plug in the iPod & listen away.

50. Watching baseball (usually Nick's games) or playing with Noah & Addi. Being with my family, does life get any better than that?

1 comment:

Greg and Jen said...

Fun post!! =)

We are SO much alike, but mostly in 5, 14, and 21. ;)

~ Jen